Thursday, February 11, 2010

Puppy Parenthood

Last week in preparation for the near three hour car trip to Northville I took Hunter to doggy day care for the day on Friday.

In past visits to doggy day care Hunter has had a great time, but, been a challenge for the staff. It seems his puppy enthusiasm and energy can exhaust every dog to the point where Hunter has to be put in the "quite room" for the last couple hours.

Still, it came as a small shock to me when the owner himself wanted to talk to me after Hunter's visit. He crouched down, holding Hunter between his legs.

"Mom," he said, "We had a little incident today."

Immediately I blamed Hunter, "Uh-oh did he get too crazy again today?" I asked.

"Well, it seems Hunter was a bit much for another dog today.... And we drew a little blood."

He then pulled back Hunter's ear to show me where a dog unimpressed with Hunter's puppy antics had bit all the way through Hunter's ear.

Poor Huntie.

2 comments:

  1. He's tough! Didn't seem to bother him at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I think he enjoyed the attention.

    Huntie= attention whore

    ReplyDelete