Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spoiled.

Jim and I have made it a goal this year to make things from scratch rather than purchase store made items or premixed packets. Already we have discovered Hollandaise sauce is even better homemade- even if it is curdled, mashed potatoes are easy to make (neither of us could believe we ever used potato flakes), and that butter makes everything better.

High on recent successes I channeled my inner Martha and decided to make Huntie some homemade "Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers." They were incredibly easy to make and Hunter enjoyed being allowed to lick the spoon for once.

Hunter seemed impressed with my skills:


(Full disclosure, we are working very hard to keep him off the counters... I may have let him stay up just a moment so I could snap this shot- he was then scolded. And, for the record, he is getting much better at staying down.)

The finished goods:




Hunter is spoiled.

Not to be outdone by my baking, Jim prepared fresh caught walleye, opting to use no recipe and create his own masterpiece.... I might just be spoiled too.

No comments:

Post a Comment