Sunday, November 8, 2009

Home Alone

Jim left Thursday after work to go hunt deer in Minnesota. So, Hunter and I have had the house to ourselves. We've been taking full advantage of his absence by filling our time with things Jim would not enjoy.

Thursday, I turned up the heat a little bit, ate a meal that included no meat, had two glasses of wine and online shopped while Hunter napped next to me on the couch. We are expecting some great things to show up on the porch later this week. My personal favorite is the Michigan State leash. Over the last week I have spent way too much time trying to find an MSU leash like the one I saw on a dog in South Haven a couple weeks ago. I never found it, but I found a pretty good one.

Friday, I hung out with a girl Jim works with. She is really cool, we have a lot in common. We grabbed some dinner and watched chick flicks. Hunter was going crazy and I hardly got to see the end of Bride Wars....

Saturday morning Hunter and I went for a long pre 9 am walk. Then, he napped outside on the porch in the sun while I washed the kitchen floor... again. This might sound bad, but since we've adopted Hunter I think I've washed the floor more than during the two plus years pre Hunter. After Hunter's nap and my cleaning we snuggled up on the couch together to watch the State game.

Caitlin and Jen both came over about two. We watched got some tasty Taco Bob's, watched the State game and took Hunter on another long walk. The goal was tuckered out pooch. We made a really tasty dinner and dessert then watched a chick flick over pinot grigio.

This morning after Jen and Caitlin left I realized I am pretty much out of activities Jim doesn't like and would like him to come back now...

I did take Hunter out to socialize in downtown South Haven. We went to this shop called Decadent Dogs. They have a lot of cute things in there, unfortunately I had to hold Hunter the whole time and didn't get to do much besides let people ooh and aww over how cute he is.

Currently, I am trying to teach Hunter that Tom Brady is the root of all evil. No good pictures for now... Hunter has grown a lot though, as soon as he sits still expect lots of Hunter updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment