Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bagels

Back in March I came home from NYC a changed woman. I had tasted greatness. The bagels. They were just so good. I swore to myself at the time I would recreate the greatness, right down to the veggie cream cheese with chunks of fresh vegetable mixed right in.




We had to knead the dough for almost 15 minutes, next time I'll use either the breadmaker or my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. The kneading took so long we took shifts.


After we let the dough rise we shaped them in to bagels:



Then we boiled them in water enhanced with malted barley syrup:



Then, as I was taking them out of the oven still... Jim ate:



We made plain, poppy seed, Asiago cheese, and everything bagels:



Poor Hunter thought they smelled really good:



I think we succeeded.



In case you want to want to try yourself to make these, here is the recipe I used.

1 comment:

  1. These look so good!!! Any leftover for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete