Sunday, April 4, 2010

Big City Eats


I had the fortune of going to New York a few weeks ago. I traveled by way of Chicago. The night before Jen, Sal and I went to Lucky's a bar featured on Man vs. Food. I had this amazing sandwich, cheese, coleslaw and french fries. AMAZING.

Upon arrival in New York we went to Grimaldi's which is located under the Brooklyn Bridge and had this amazing NY style pizza. Don't tell Jim, but I prefer NY style over Chicago. Grimaldi's is a place with a lot of history.. hey have a brick oven pizza you are not allowed to take pictures of. They are now illegal in NY but many pizzeria's with existing ovens were grandfathered in. There is direct lineage between Grimaldi's and the first pizzeria brought to America in the early 1900's.



Until I had a New York style bagel IN NEW YORK I thought I had experienced a good bagel. I was so wrong. These bagels were amazing. In the near future I plan on spending a rainy day in the kitchen perfecting my bagel making skills. I will also be perfecting the perfect veggie cream cheese. The cream cheese we partook in while in NYC contained amazing chunks of veggie. Awesome.

We were in NYC during the Big Ten Tourney, so obviously we had to find a State bar. Lucky for us they had specials just for those repping the Green and White. Nothing too memorable, except, the East Lansing Iced Tea. I'm a sucker for anything MSU related.

No comments:

Post a Comment